On May 13, 2021, Levy County Sheriff’s Office Drug Task Force and Criminal Investigation Detectives and the Tactical Response Unit executed a search warrant at the residence located at 91 NE 131st Terrace, Williston, Florida. In the raid which could have been termed “Operation Groundhog Day,” LCSO arrested eight of the thirteen persons they found inside the doublewide mobile home. The deputies were well familiar with the location as this was the third narcotics search warrant that has been executed at this residence in less than a year. Multiple drug overdoses have occurred at the residence as well as two drug-related deaths.
When Detectives entered the residence they once again found drugs and significant amounts of drug paraphernalia throughout. Heroin, methamphetamine and prescription pills were seized. The following persons were arrested in this chapter of the continuing saga:
1. Michael J. Harvey (12-22-1969), who is also the owner of the property, was arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine, Maintaining a Drug Dwelling and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $100,000.00;
2. Stephen J. Weintraut (7-17-84) was arrested for Possession of multiple items of Drug Paraphernalia. Some of the paraphernalia was located in a pair of pants. Weintraut admitted, “I was wearing the pants, but they’re not mine.” His bond was set at $25,000.00.
3. Brittney Nicole Rosensweet (5-26-1989) was arrested for Possession of Heroin and Drug Paraphernalia. LCSO Detention Officers also discovered additional narcotics on her person upon entering the Levy County Detention Center. Rosensweet was also charged with Smuggling Contraband into the Detention Center. Her bond was set at $125,000.00.
4. Stephen Clark Mimbs (5-7-1960) was arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine and Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $35,000.00.
5. David Wayne Morris (7-18-1964) was arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine and Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $75,000.00.
6. Jacqueline Marie Holden (5-24-1967) was arrested for Possession of Heroin and Drug Paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $75,000.00.
7. Derek Kyle Abrams (4-9-1984) was arrested for Possession of Heroin, Methamphetamine and Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $85,000.00. He was also arrested on a Violation of Probation warrant from Marion County. The original charge was Possession of Methamphetamine. He is being held without bond on the warrant.
8. Daniel D. Ackley (10-17-1990) was arrested on a Marion County Capias for Failure to Appear on a Driving with Suspended License charge. He is being held on a $5,000.00 bond.
Sheriff McCallum stated that unfortunately this case demonstrates the problems that illegal drugs and repeat offenders continue to cause in our communities. This one location has caused thousands of dollars to be spent for investigative and court costs. It is a tremendous drain on taxpayer resources and the loss of human life is a real tragedy.
Any citizens who may have information regarding illegal drug activity are asked to contact LCSO at 352-486-5111 or 911. Reports can also be made anonymously through CrimeStoppers at 1-877-349-8477.