May 26, 2017
The Levy County Sheriff’s Office Uniformed Patrol Division and Drug Task Force investigators conducted proactive patrols throughout the county last night. Deputies made multiple traffic stops for various infractions, issued 22 written warnings, wrote 5 uniform traffic citations and arrested 7 individuals. The following individuals were arrested:
- Steven Blumenberg (1-14-98) – possession of marijuana L/T 20 grams and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Nevina Tease (1-3-80) – possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Alan Forney (10-4-82) – warrants from Dixie, Polk and Columbia Counties for failure to appear, dealing in stolen property, giving false information to a pawn broker and violation of probation.
- Brittney Gottman (1-7-92) – warrant from Levy County for possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Rowdy Morris (8-17-89) – driving while license suspended or revoked (DWLSR).
- Rayburn Corbin (5-14-85) – DWLSR, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Carlos Diez (5-17-84) – Warrants from Hendry County for DWLSR, burglary, grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
Proactive patrol operations like these will be conducted by the Sheriff’s Office often. The Patrol Division utilizes deputies who would normally be off duty to flood problematic areas of the county in order to identify and either cite or arrest individuals who refuse to abide by the law. Last night’s operation was a huge success, said Sheriff McCallum. I will continue operations like these as I strive to make Levy County a safer place.