The Levy County Emergency Operations Center combined with the Levy County Board of County Commissioners and the LCSO are issuing this combined message. Hurricane Matthew is a very large and destructive storm. Citizens should remain vigilant and continuously monitor the storm. These are our current conditions:
- Schools are closed on Friday, October 7, 2016
- · The Levy County Court House will be closed October 7, 2016
- · No tidal surge is expected to affect Levy County based on the current storm track
- · No fuel shortages have been reported in Levy County
- · No storm evacuation shelters have been opened
- · No evacuation orders have been issued
Based upon the current track of this storm our EOC reports Levy County will begin to experience tropical storm force winds (25-35 MPH) midafternoon on Friday. Gusts between 40-50 MPH could be experienced as rain bands move through our area.
This storm continues to evolve and the track could change. Should the storm track move westward, it will radically change the effects Levy County will experience. Citizens should closely monitor this storm and continue their storm preparedness efforts.