Friday, June 24, 2016

Sheriff McCallum Expresses His Appreciation




I want to take this opportunity to thank the Citizens of Levy County for the tremendous show of confidence that they have extended to me as their Sheriff.  I am honored to have served as your Sheriff the last three and a half years and look forward to serving the next term. 
I want to specifically thank my God, my family, my supporters and the more than 150 dedicated men and women who serve as employees and volunteers at the Levy County Sheriff’s Office.  The sworn and non-sworn members of LCSO are the ones who do the hard work to provide protection and service to the Citizens.  They provide it 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.  I am grateful for their dedication and service which is reflected in my re-election as Sheriff without opposition. 

With the closing of the qualification period at Noon today, another chapter has been written in the history of Levy County.   According to those who are supposed to know, this is the first uncontested re-election of a Levy County Sheriff in modern history.  I am both honored and humbled to be re-elected in that manner. 

In closing, I pledge to continue to work to provide the best Law Enforcement, Detention, Communications, Civil and Court Services and 911 Mapping Services possible to all of the citizens of Levy County.  As your Sheriff, my door will continue to be open to provide assistance and service to our citizens in any way possible. 

THANK YOU!